Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Lenovo PC industry Sure Not Dead


LAS VEGAS, Although the trend of smartphones and tablets continues to climb, the PC market (desktop and laptop) is still not dead. At least, according to Lenovo, there was a chance for them to increase market share in the segment.

Globally, PC shipments to the rest of the world in 2015 and then it can be said to fall. IDC, in its report last October noted that PC shipments in the third quarter of 2015 were 71 million units, representing a decrease of 10.8 percent year on year.

For Lenovo itself, the benefits of the PC this year fell 14 percent. In the period of 2015/2016 they note PCs accounted for 70 percent of the total acquisition of the company, whereas 84 percent the previous year.

But Lenovo did not give up in this segment. The company now has 21 percent market share of PCs around the world, the target could be increased to 30 percent.

"Twenty-one percent share is the highest value for the players in this industry. We are number one in the Asia Pacific region and still plenty of room growth," said Chief Operation Officer of Lenovo Asia Pacific, Amar Babu in the event Lenovo at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2016, Las Vegas, USA, on Wednesday (06/01/2016).

"We will not stop. The target we wanted to drive PC market share to 30 percent. Therefore, you will see a lot of new product lines," he added.

In the grand feast of the technology world, Lenovo also showcased a number of the latest PC hardware ranging from laptops to desktops.

One of the underdog is a family ThinkPad X, in which there are two types of laptops that X1 and X1 Carbon Yoga.

Carbon X1 screen can be bent up to 180 degrees straight, while the X1 Yoga can be rotated up to 360 degrees. They both have a light weight, screen size of 14 inches and an Intel Core i7 vPro.

There was also a mini desktop IdeaCentre 610S. The shape of the mini size CPU with a projector attached to the top.

"Many say the PC sales decline, but we do not experience it. We're still number one in terms of PC sales," he added. Director of Worldwide Product Marketing, Lenovo Group Commercial, Steve Gilbert, pointing ThinkPad X1 Carbon on ColekcolekTekno.

No comments:

Post a Comment